A 6-point socket opening is ideal for hex-shaped fastener heads because it contacts the most surface area of the steel. This exact fit makes the tool less likely to slip or fail, especially when you’re applying a lot of force or working with damaged or rusted fasteners. The socket opening’s radiused corners prevent round-off by gripping fasteners on their flat sides, and not their corners. Die-stamped markings are permanently impressed into the steel and can’t wear off. They’re designed with large, clear size numbers that are easy to read even in low light settings. The polished chrome plating protects against corrosion and wipes clean to a mirror finish. The deepest parts of the socket well, where nickel and chrome layers cannot be deposited in sufficient thickness, are protected with an additional thin layer of clear coat, rather than conventionally-used silver paint, to prevent rust. Four detent grooves provide a secure connection with the retaining ball of a drive tool. Radiused corners reinforce the drive end by eliminating sharp angles that are prone to cracking under stress. The drive end’s beveled edge helps guide a ratchet tang smoothly onto the socket. The patented twist-to-lock rail system organizes and securely holds sockets in place?both for in your toolbox and on the go. A quick twist of the socket locks it onto the rail so that it can’t fall off.
- 6-point socket opening provides an ideal, exact fit for hex-shaped fastener heads
- Socket geometry is designed to apply force to flat sides of fasteners and not the corners, preventing round-off
- Standard-length socket is relatively versatile and suitable for a wide range of applications
- Extra-large die-stamped size markings are easy to read and can?t wear off
- Polished, chrome-plated finish easily wipes clean and is highly resistant to corrosion
- Four detent grooves provide a secure connection with the drive tool
- Beveled inner rim of the socket opening helps guide it smoothly onto fasteners
- 15-pc. 3/8 in. drive 6-point sockets: 1/4, 9/32, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1 in.
- Includes socket rail